Tree @e77d1b2 (Download .tar.gz)
isomorphic keyboard explorer
This is a little virtual keyboard for playing with isomorphic musical keyboards layouts such as the Wicki-Hayden or Jankó layouts.
The keyboard can be played via the computer keyboard (for the most part), or by clicking on buttons. Alternatively, an external MIDI controller can be connected via WebMIDI (Chromium-based browsers only currently). The virtual keyboard will light up the corresponding button when a note is played.
Using the dropdown menu various musical scales can be highlighted on the keyboard. The keys outlined in white make up one octave of the selected scale. The scale can be transposed to any starting note by clicking "set offset" and then playing the intended root note. Notes that are not on the scale at all are dimmed.
Next to the keyboard, there is an "interval visualizer" that shows all the keys currently pressed. The lowest note currently pressed is always shown at the bottom of the range. All other notes are shown above it (and wrapped down to the same octave as the root note if necessary). There is a tone/semitone scale behind the notes, and each note shows the offset in semitones from the root note next to it.
Whether by pressing keys or clicking buttons, the keyboard sends out MIDI Note events via WebMIDI. In a compatible browser, this means that it can be used to play synths such as the following:
git clone https://git.s-ol.nu/isomorphic-kb-explorer.git
- fix clicking keys s-ol 1 year, 2 months ago
- toolbar, focus, editable size s-ol 1 year, 2 months ago
- add README s-ol 1 year, 4 months ago
- options styling s-ol 1 year, 4 months ago
- remove redundancy s-ol 1 year, 4 months ago
- add scale highlighting s-ol 1 year, 4 months ago
- rename to "isomorphic-kb-explorer" s-ol 1 year, 4 months ago
- fix keyboard mapping s-ol 1 year, 4 months ago
- add chord display s-ol 1 year, 5 months ago
- add blink function s-ol 1 year, 5 months ago
- add different layouts s-ol 2 years ago
- add shell.nix s-ol 2 years ago
- fix starting note s-ol 2 years ago
- more things? s-ol 2 years ago
- initial commit s-ol 2 years ago