# DiligentTools <img src="https://github.com/DiligentGraphics/DiligentCore/blob/master/media/diligentgraphics-logo.png" height=64 align="right" valign="middle">
Tools module provides additional functionality on top of the [Diligent Engine](https://github.com/DiligentGraphics/DiligentEngine)'s core module. It implements render script and texture loading utilities. For more information, please visit [diligentgraphics.com/diligent-engine](http://diligentgraphics.com/diligent-engine/).
To build the module, see [build instrcutions](https://github.com/DiligentGraphics/DiligentEngine/blob/master/README.md) in the master repository.
[![Chat on gitter](https://badges.gitter.im/gitterHQ/gitter.png)](https://gitter.im/diligent-engine)
## Version History
* Implemented Vulkan backend
* Added MacOS and iOS support
* Removed legacy VS projects and solutions
* Added HLSL2GLSLConverter project
* Refactored build system to use CMake
* Added support for Linux platform
Alpha release of Diligent Engine 2.0. The engine has been updated to take advantages of Direct3D12:
* Pipeline State Object encompasses all coarse-grain state objects like Depth-Stencil State, Blend State, Rasterizer State, shader states etc.
* New shader resource binding model implemented to leverage Direct3D12
* Diligent Engine 2.0 also implements OpenGL and Direct3D11 back-ends
* Alpha release is only available on Windows platform
* Direct3D11 back-end is very thoroughly optimized and has very low overhead compared to native D3D11 implementation
* Direct3D12 implementation, to the contrary, is preliminary and not yet optimized.
For more details on the release, please visit [diligentgraphics.com](http://diligentgraphics.com/2016/03/17/diligent-engine-2-0-powered-by-direct3d12/)
[![Diligent Engine on Twitter](https://github.com/DiligentGraphics/DiligentCore/blob/master/media/twitter.png)](https://twitter.com/diligentengine)
[![Diligent Engine on Facebook](https://github.com/DiligentGraphics/DiligentCore/blob/master/media/facebook.png)](https://www.facebook.com/DiligentGraphics/)